Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy July 4th!

Fireworks are synonymous with the 4th of July. You just cannot celebrate without some bbq, beer, and sparklers. As a kid in Texas I remember being able to light firecrackers right outside in your backyard or in the street. There were firework stands everywhere when you got to the outskirts of town. My large Mexican family would get together and buy enough fireworks to entertain us for a couple hours. It'll always be one of my fondest memories. Even today my inner child comes out at the prospect of lighting fireworks. Do you remember your favorites?

Because of house fires, dense city dwelling, and drought, eventually most cities have banned fireworks in the state of Texas. In more rural areas its still allowed, or for old times sake we might break the rule for a few minutes with sparkles in one hand and a water hose in the other. Below are some pictures I took this weekend.






©2011. Jessica Ramirez.

No comments:

Post a Comment